Youngstown MMA

Toughest Fighters Period!

Yankee Lake Brawlroom 33 Line-up and thoughts.

April 16th, 2012

Hello Ladies, Gents, and Children of all ages, Jason here, Im gonna take the liberty and List the tentative fight card and give a very brief thought about each fight. The fights take place April 28th 2012 at the Good ol Yankee Lake Brawlroom. Fights as always are in no particular order! the 17 tentative fights are listed below:

TITLE FIGHT – Rich “the Raging Bull” Cantolina vs Cheyene Jenkins
Rich is coming off a DEC win over Matt Campbell, And Jenkins was the last to beat Cantolina. No doubt this will be a war, if Cantolina sticks to his game plan and stands and bangs, it will be an exciting fight! i think it will be a close one, but im gonna take The Bull in 3.

1. Will “the Thrill” Logsden 6-6 140lbs vs Victor Guarriello 3-4 135lbs
-Seen Will fight, very entertaining. Haven’t seen Victor….Id say Logsden via experience

2. William Watson 0-4 155lbs vs Sam Barton 0-0 145lbs
– Watson has been on a bad beat, Barton hasn’t fought yet…..Hunger triumphs in this one…

3. Jamie “the Mongoose” Fleck 0-2 135lbs vs Vincent Williams 0-0 135lbs
– Fleck coming off 2 losses will have corrected errors in camp, Williams is fresh….Gonna go Fleck here.

4. Jordan Batt 2-1 185lbs vs Sean ‘the Wolverine” Hartle 3-5 170lbs
-Haven’t seen Batt in action, Hartle has had some weight issues in the past but seems to be taking it serious now…Hartle via dec.

5. Eric Wiley 1-0 170lbs vs Brandon Pfhaler 2-1 155lbs
-Wiley is 1 and Ohhh due to a Dq, and Ive never seen Pfhaler, my sources say hes a beast…Wiley gets tested…Pfhaler wins

6. Seth Carrino 0-0 155lbs vs Jason Royler 0-0 155lbs
-I’m completely in the air here…going with Jason, cuz thats a cool name!

7. Matt Zimmerman 0-0 225lbs vs John Stafford 0-0 235lbs
– see #6….. going with Zimmerman (I know someone with that last name)

8. Rick Borowski 2-3 170lbs vs Jason Smith 3-5 170lbs
– im mixed here…Borowski hits like a mule, Smith is a tough kid…..as vegas would say…its off for me!

9. Robert Neumann 0-3 205lbs vs Chaz Kocher 0-1 205lbs
– Mr. Neumann is oh-fer, and Chaz is coming off a 1st rd TKO, unless Neumann is hitting the gym and training hard, I see Kocher with the W

10. Joe Harvey 0-1 185lbs vs Ahkuma L`Bert 0-0 185lbs
– Harveys first time back in the cage since last august, and I have nothing on L`Bert… Harvey goes to .500…i think

11. Anthony Policastro 3-1 205lbs vs O.J “Juice” Vickers 5-12 205lbs
– Policastro coming off a huge 1st TKO win, and Vickers is hungry to get a W….both big guys…im Vegas again!

12. James Reddick 3-1 185lbs vs TBD
– don’t know much about either, so im gonna go with Reddick….

13. Saeed Garner 0-1 155lbs vs Adam “the Adrenaline” DeGroff 0-0 155lbs
– Garner coming off a loss, and Degroff now on his 3rd fight, 1st actual… im going DeGroff in the second…

14. Eddy Faison 1-1 350lbs vs Mike “the Mad Cow” Sekol 0-0 325lbs
– Faison coming off a DEC loss to Saling (not Brandon), and Sekol enters the cage for the 1st time, Sekol will have size and reach,Sekol 2nd rd

15. Mike Bothwell 2-2 170lbs vs Michael Hluhan 0-1 170lbs
– Bothwell with the experience, Hluhan still looking for the W….Hluhan via awesome last name I cant say!

16. Tony Bugno 2-9 170lbs vs TBD
– Tony Bugno… Gamer, whoever takes the fight will have a long night…especially if Bugno has developed some cardio!

Records and weights courtesy of MMA.TV
And special thanks to Adam DeGroff for supplying the bout sheet to YoungstownMMA.com

Comments

19 Comments

RSS
  • Anon says on: April 17, 2012 at 3:11 am

Victor has fought much better guys and has better wrestling. He’s hungry too. He’ll beat Will. Vincent matches up good vs Jamie. He is the favorite. Borowski is great when it’s do or die. He’ll even up his record. Bothwell is going to win. Tony Bugno will lose unless he fights a scrub.

• theWhip says on: April 24, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I never seen Vincent before, but if there’s one difference maker in that bout, its the ring time in the cage. I’m not saying Vincent can’t win, but Jamie’s already experienced an adrenaline dump. Win, lose or draw, your boys gonna be able to say he did it and grow from there. I’m feeling good about Jamie right now because he’s shown a lot of growth these past few months. I’m hoping to see a good performance between these two young warriors!

• SA Alumni says on: April 18, 2012 at 2:42 am

I like Cheyne Jenkins over Cantolina by submission. Jenkins is tough and well rounded. He looks improved each time out. Hluhan over Bothwell by sub. Harvey over L’Bert by KO. Borowski over Smith.

• john whitten says on: April 19, 2012 at 7:34 am

jason smith is gonna mop the floor with rick borowski. i like the pics very entertaining

• 412TGOD says on: April 19, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Isn’t it appropriate that the defending champion be mentioned first before the challenger? But I expect Cheyne** to dominate in all aspects of this fight, TKO 2nd round and Cheyne will walk out still the 145 pound champ.

• theWhip says on: April 24, 2012 at 10:09 am

Cantolina vs Jenkins is gonna be a technical matchup. If it stays standing, chances are Rich is gonna pick him apart. If it goes to the ground, chances are Jenkins is gonna work his superior Jitz. Either way, I think everyone is underestimating Rich’s ground. Yeah, I seen Jenkins finish him with the Von Flue back in August. Do you really think he’s gonna get caught in the same submission twice? Not to mention, he’s been training at the ever evolving UFCP. No disrespect to Jenkins, but if you put him on the ground with say Luke Burdette, Mark Cherico, Mike Wilkins, or Garret Sahene in an MMA fight, chances are there gonna give him a hard time. Those are the caliber of fighters Rich has been training with. Not to mention he’s had coaching from Dan Roppo who’s trained under the legendary Eric Paulson (If you think you know MMA and don’t know who Eric Paulson is, you don’t know WTF your talking about). Bottom line, 7 months have passed since these two last met, there two different fighters. If you think Jenkins is gonna dominate, then so be it. He may go in there and run a clinic for 9 minutes, but don’t be surprised if Rich goes in there and finishes Jenkins with a Choke. Personally, I’m picking Rich to win via 3rd round KO.

• johnny hammerstix says on: April 24, 2012 at 11:44 am

i also like cantolina in this one…hes gonna avenge the loss, hopefully by brutal decapitation…he made a promise to his Pap, and hes trining with the finest mma fighters this side of the mighty sippi….and @412tgod…sure its appropriate, but not a must, dude is just breaking the fights down in his eyes….like anyone else does…@the whip…my sources tell me you have been re-vamping Flecks skills, hopefully its true, he needs in the win column….with that said WAR CANTOLINA…war AMS….WAR C..M.A…

• theWhip says on: April 24, 2012 at 11:59 am

Honestly, I can’t remember seeing this much confidence and motivation in a fighter. I cant get into details, but we’ve been working every angle of his game, and he’s looking night & day from his first two. I’m walking at 170, and he’s not only taking my beatings, but he’s returning them as well.

I’m not saying this because I’ve been working with him a lot these past few months, but I don’t seen anyone at his level beating him and I know with his current mind set, he isn’t gonna beat himeself either.

• Rich The Raging Bull says on: April 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I hear that cantolina kid is good so I’ll take him
    But on a more serious note everyone thinks my jitz game is weak maybe it’s because I never show it cause I like knocking kids out but hey I like being the underdog fights are not won on paper they are won in the cage and since last time we fought I have become the smartest fighter at 145 lbs and i have heart and never count out a kid who has heart. GOodluck Jenkins it’s gonna be a war

• johnny hammerstix says on: April 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm

and really, who posts anons these days….nut up kids!

• RichWyant says on: April 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Hey Rich, don’t sweat it man. When I was younger I beat the hell outta some kid by kicking him about 10 times LOL. All his friends had to say about it was “only baby’s kick” LMAO…….I was like say whatever man, I beat your boys A$$ !!! Don;t let taunting make you change your game plan, stick to what wins my friend ! Fact is alot of MMA is stand up (and yes I’m a boxing fan). We approached some kid who lost a fight a while back but he did very good. I offered him some help and he said “nah man, I gotta work on my ground game”………….the guy gave no weight to the fact that 80% of his fight was stand up, and that is what he needed work on.

• GB says on: April 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Rick Borowski getting mopped by smith is a joke. All he needs to do is take him down and work his GnP and sub game. Cantolina is probably the best overall fighter on this card so I definitely see him taking home the belt in my pick for fight of the night. The only other people I have seen fight are Logsdon, Hartle and Vickers and I would bet that Hartle and Vickers get finished pretty easily and Will might sneak out a decision.

• Andy says on: April 24, 2012 at 6:36 pm

There will be fireworks that night the title fight will be hard to pick 2 tough fighters but. Give me rich via dec. And in the super hwt bout give me Sekol by tko rd 2.

• machinegun mountain says on: April 24, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Should be good fights

• Ninjafiveo says on: April 25, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Not sure who’s going to win the super hwt, but I know this, that Sekol is so white, you’re going to need to wear shades just to block the glare reflecting off his body. I think that’s part if his strategy is to blind his opponent with all his brightness. That boy needs a tan.

• SA Alumni says on: April 26, 2012 at 5:58 am

Cheyne is the champ for a reason. He continues to beat whoever they put in front of him, he trains hard and is always improving. Cheyne can stand and bang or take it to he ground he is comfortable either way. Dont be so quick to sell the champ short. He will win this fight no matter where it goes.

• theWhip says on: April 27, 2012 at 6:53 am

A lot of people are saying Rich don’t got a chance on the ground, but he’s been working with the top ground fighters in the tristate area the past 7 months, I can site them if you’d like. My point is, nobody knows what’s gonna happen until they touch glove and go to work. I didn’t think Wiseman was gonna let me up after he took me down every time. Who would’ve expected that before the fight?

• Johnny Hammerstix says on: April 27, 2012 at 3:13 am

geez this Cheyne guy sounds legit, like should be in the big leagues, not roaming around an amateur circuit…i hope its a barnburner (no pun intended) i just dont see Cantolina losing twice to the same guy. And really? Smith wipes the floor with Borowski? HAHAHAHA Anyone else got any good jokes? i can see that maybe going to a DEC… if smith doesnt get his face turned sideways! but hey what do i know, i only wear a tapout tee and play ufc!

• 412TGOD says on: April 30, 2012 at 12:07 am

Cheyne Jenkins remains the featherweight champ after a DOMINATE 3 round decison. Hats off to Rich though, he is tough as they come and was a class act after the fight. I wish you all the best Rich.