Well week 4 came and went, 30 title belts handed out to the victors! From week one till now, my perspective of the KO has changed! Such heart and tenacity of these kids! I wish I could bottle it and sell it to some “cage fighters”…. We all know you cant teach heart, and I`ll be dammed if there was a lack of it Monday! I’m already anticipating next year! To every parent or kid that comes across this post, Thank you! I would and will sit thru 4 more weeks of it time and time over! Over 100 fighters total! it was an absolute insane experience! Hail to the Victors. Props to the runner-ups. See Y`all next year!
Toughest Fighters Period!
Hello Ladies, Gents, and Children of all ages, Jason here, Im gonna take the liberty and List the tentative fight card and give a very brief thought about each fight. The fights take place April 28th 2012 at the Good ol Yankee Lake Brawlroom. Fights as always are in no particular order! the 17 tentative fights are listed below:
TITLE FIGHT – Rich “the Raging Bull” Cantolina vs Cheyene Jenkins
Rich is coming off a DEC win over Matt Campbell, And Jenkins was the last to beat Cantolina. No doubt this will be a war, if Cantolina sticks to his game plan and stands and bangs, it will be an exciting fight! i think it will be a close one, but im gonna take The Bull in 3.
1. Will “the Thrill” Logsden 6-6 140lbs vs Victor Guarriello 3-4 135lbs
-Seen Will fight, very entertaining. Haven’t seen Victor….Id say Logsden via experience
2. William Watson 0-4 155lbs vs Sam Barton 0-0 145lbs
– Watson has been on a bad beat, Barton hasn’t fought yet…..Hunger triumphs in this one…
3. Jamie “the Mongoose” Fleck 0-2 135lbs vs Vincent Williams 0-0 135lbs
– Fleck coming off 2 losses will have corrected errors in camp, Williams is fresh….Gonna go Fleck here.
4. Jordan Batt 2-1 185lbs vs Sean ‘the Wolverine” Hartle 3-5 170lbs
-Haven’t seen Batt in action, Hartle has had some weight issues in the past but seems to be taking it serious now…Hartle via dec.
5. Eric Wiley 1-0 170lbs vs Brandon Pfhaler 2-1 155lbs
-Wiley is 1 and Ohhh due to a Dq, and Ive never seen Pfhaler, my sources say hes a beast…Wiley gets tested…Pfhaler wins
6. Seth Carrino 0-0 155lbs vs Jason Royler 0-0 155lbs
-I’m completely in the air here…going with Jason, cuz thats a cool name!
7. Matt Zimmerman 0-0 225lbs vs John Stafford 0-0 235lbs
– see #6….. going with Zimmerman (I know someone with that last name)
8. Rick Borowski 2-3 170lbs vs Jason Smith 3-5 170lbs
– im mixed here…Borowski hits like a mule, Smith is a tough kid…..as vegas would say…its off for me!
9. Robert Neumann 0-3 205lbs vs Chaz Kocher 0-1 205lbs
– Mr. Neumann is oh-fer, and Chaz is coming off a 1st rd TKO, unless Neumann is hitting the gym and training hard, I see Kocher with the W
10. Joe Harvey 0-1 185lbs vs Ahkuma L`Bert 0-0 185lbs
– Harveys first time back in the cage since last august, and I have nothing on L`Bert… Harvey goes to .500…i think
11. Anthony Policastro 3-1 205lbs vs O.J “Juice” Vickers 5-12 205lbs
– Policastro coming off a huge 1st TKO win, and Vickers is hungry to get a W….both big guys…im Vegas again!
12. James Reddick 3-1 185lbs vs TBD
– don’t know much about either, so im gonna go with Reddick….
13. Saeed Garner 0-1 155lbs vs Adam “the Adrenaline” DeGroff 0-0 155lbs
– Garner coming off a loss, and Degroff now on his 3rd fight, 1st actual… im going DeGroff in the second…
14. Eddy Faison 1-1 350lbs vs Mike “the Mad Cow” Sekol 0-0 325lbs
– Faison coming off a DEC loss to Saling (not Brandon), and Sekol enters the cage for the 1st time, Sekol will have size and reach,Sekol 2nd rd
15. Mike Bothwell 2-2 170lbs vs Michael Hluhan 0-1 170lbs
– Bothwell with the experience, Hluhan still looking for the W….Hluhan via awesome last name I cant say!
16. Tony Bugno 2-9 170lbs vs TBD
– Tony Bugno… Gamer, whoever takes the fight will have a long night…especially if Bugno has developed some cardio!
Records and weights courtesy of MMA.TV
And special thanks to Adam DeGroff for supplying the bout sheet to YoungstownMMA.com
Youngstown MMA PRO SHOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PRO MMA FIGHTER FROM THE YOUNGSTOWN OHIO AREA FOR THIS SHOW!
Contact Max Rich or Jason right away if you want to be on this card!
**************THE VIDEOS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE SOON*************
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY THEM OFF OF THE WEBSITE OR GET A HOLD OF JASON. WE GOT SOME AWESOME COVERAGE FROM 3 CAMERA ANGLES AND THE FIGHTS ARE FULLY NARRATED BY YOURS TRULY JASON “THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO” FROHMAN.
Me and The Crew at YoungstownMMA.com feel it is important that you know that all of the profits go right back into the business of continuing to promote the MMA fighters from our area. We are working hard to improve our video coverage which in time will better promote you guys. So if you wanna help us to help you………..please try to sell some video and drive some traffic to the website. We’ll see you guys at the next show April 28. Bring your A-Game guys, the cameras will be rolling. If you want to promote yourself ,your products or your gym, just grab one of us at the event and we’ll get you on camera. See you guys soon.
Thanks for the continued support!!!
Jason and the YoungstownMMA.com Staff
Well what started out as a night full of fights ended up being a night of 6 great fights, full of blood, fists to faces, and a surprise turn around into a submission! The dvd teaser should be up soon. But one fight will permanently be engrained into the collective heads here at YoungstownMMA.com! The main event, a title fight between 2 warriors with hearts of lions! The champion Mike “the Mystery” Wiseman vs Jason “the Whip” Willett. These 2 guys embodied what MMA should be about, blood, sweat, and tears. The similar styles, plus their superior athleticism proved to be a match for the ages. Broken hands, shattered noses, and a bunch of bloodshed, couldn’t stop these two from putting on a show that was worth more then the price of admission! Hands down it was the best fight I have seen, mind you I’ve personally watched about 500 bouts live, numerous more including on television. Both guys grew in the cage that night. Wiseman without a doubt proved why hes the current reigning and defending champion, Willett proved why he held the interim title and is in my eyes still one of the best 155lb fighters in this area. That fight was one to talk about for years to come. Its fights like that, that show what kind of heart and determination some of these fighters have! Its fights like that, that keep my love for this sport alive!
Till next time Kids,
P.s. Brock Lesnar is back in WWE…. Yawn…
This saturday out at the good ol YLB (yankee lake brawlroom) Chuck Haskell will be putting on his 32nd show! Insiders tell me theres gonna be some bangers!!
Complete fight card is as follows in no particular order…..
Glenn Conner vs Mark Wiant
Jeff Miller vs Rob Shay
Michael Flinn vs Ben Mellring
Alvin Worells vs Jared Zarlingo
Jason Willett vs Mike Wiseman
Kalid Qureshi vs Nate Johnson
Ahkuma L`Bert vs Chris Hogue
Anthony Policastro vs Charles Kocher
Jason Bevly vs Adam Degroff
Eddy Faison vs Gerald Saling
Jason Smith vs John Whitten
Lets make some sense outta Chaos, Jared Zarlingo and Mike Wiseman are title holders, so they will be the last 2 fights of the night. If Smith and Whitten go, it will probably be 3rd to last…..veteran status! and the rest of the card is, well not in order. Any who, tix are 20 presale and 25 at the door, come on out and support your local cage-fighters! AND come say hi to the YoungstownMMA.com crew!! Doors open at 6, Fights start at 730, address is, 1814 State Route 7 , Brookfield, Ohio 44403.
Peace and Hair grease,