Hey MMA fans this is just a little note to let you know that we will will be videoing the fight at the Polermo Center on Feb 23rd.
Toughest Fighters Period!
We here at YoungstownMMA feel that a way to further our relationship with fighters, gym owners, promoters, and coaches is to let you write and submit to us. So this is my call to you, if you have anything to share i.e. Your personal journey, why you fight, why you coach or anything that you would deem appropriate, please write it out, and send it to us via the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/youngstownmma or to [email protected] Even if you have suggestions on how to improve what we`re doing! Aside from providing more content, it will let others know whats on your mind about the sport we love! AS always you will receive 100% credit and recognition.
Thanks For the Loyalty,
This past Saturday, Mr Chuck Haskell held his 34th event in the hallowed grounds that is Yankee Lake, but this time we were outside! With a few no shows, and a bogus excuse, the card ended up having just 7 fights. But as always, the small fight card was explosive! With 4 of the 7 ending in the 1st round, needless to say it was quick, but fun! Also aside from YoungstownMMA.com being in the building (figuratively speaking), there was a variable whos who of Ammy and Pro MMA Fighters in attendance. Mark Cherico, Khama Worthy, Adam Milstead, Mike Wilkins, and Jimmy Cerra just to name a few. Also Mr TAT himself Jeremiah Bozich with a full display of Thick as Thieves clothing, accompanied by Rick “I punch Faces off” Borowski.
In the Main event, Mr. John “Hairs o Plenty” Antanitis (who also serves as the NAAFS #1 Ammy middleweight) put his 185lb strap on the line against an up and coming Jordan Batt, Talking to a few of the spectators, the all had the same prediction, Antanitis by mauling….. Well they were correct, Antanitis picked up the W by Ref Stoppage in the 1st Round!
In the Co-Main Event, Mr. Jared Zarlingo attempted to defend for a 4th time his 170lb title against a very game Donnie Cameron. The 1st round was a lil lopsided as it seemed to me that Zarlingo was off. That led to Cameron controlling the 1st round with relative ease (minus the 2 take-downs from Zarlingo). They broke for round 2, pawing jabs at each other and a shot by Zarlingo landed him in a bad position, Cameron capitalized and picked up the win by Guillotine Choke. Your winner and NEW Welterweight title holder… Mr. Donnie Cameron.
*Now to the 5 “under-card” fights*
Ralph Graham (0-1) vs John Ingram (0-0)
Graham moves to 1-1 with his TKO win coming in the second round.
Yvegen Slipko (0-0) vs Joel Stockavas (0-1)
Slipko (who im calling the Russian Juggernaut) picks up his first win by TKO over Stockavas in the first round!
Travis List (1-0) vs Seth Carrino (1-0)
List moves to 2-0 with his 1st round Triangle submission win over Carrino
Dino Juklo (0-0) vs Marcus Rose (0-0)
Juklo picks up his first win in-between the fences with a 1st round Guillotine submission over Rose.
Bob Bianchini (2-2) vs Ben Mellring (3-3)
Bianchini moved to 3-2 with a HARD 3rd round decision win over Mellring.
*SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE NOTED*
Pittsburgh area fighters went 5-0. They came out of Pittsburgh Fight Club, Roppo`s World Class MMA, Renzo Gracie Pittsburgh and PTT
**Also photos courtesy of C.Henrie Photography and Video courtesy of Mr. Maximus McCullough will be available for purchase soon**
“Fighting isn’t always about winning or loosing, its about how courage you have and how much your willing to take and put on the line. Sometimes the man who looses is gains victory within themselves to fight for more than just glory. Too many people i know have the wrong idea about what being in the cage, or the boxing ring or the wrestling mat is really about. A mans loss is also his gain and having pure heart and faith in something greater than yourself is what its all about. The man who steps ups and shows what kind of man he is on the mat or in the ring or in the cage is stronger than the man who was too scared too. fighting is not about winning or loosing its about how much heart, how much faith and how much courage you have win or loose you always have the title and it imprinted in your heart of being a fighter in one way or another.”
-Cheney Matarrese, CMA
Fighting July 28th, St. Lucy’s, Campbell, Ohio
Going into Saturday there was a lot of buzz in the air about this fight card! YoungstownMMA.com arrived to see that all 10 fights on the card were accounted for, and the night was ready to be kicked off! With the new SUPER banner in tow, compliments of NEAS Graphx. We will go over the card now, and what a hell of a card it was, with 6 fights ending in the 1st round, it was safe to say it was an early night!
Bout 1 pitted an 0-2 Jamie Fleck vs. A new fresh fighter, an 0-0 guy John Rearick.
-Jamie Fleck picks up his first win, moving him to a 1-2 record between the fences.
Bout 2 featured an 0-4 William Watson vs. Another 0-0 guy in Sam Barton
-Watson moved to 1-4 with a RNC in the second over Barton.
Bout 3 had two fresh guys in 0-0 Seth Carrino vs 0-0 Joel Stockavas.
– Carrino moved to 1-0 with an impressive ref stoppage due to strikes @1:56 in the first round!
Bout 4 pitts 0-1 Chaz Kocher vs 0-0 Brad Smith (not the football player)
-Kocher moved to 1-1 following his 2nd rd stoppage to strikes over Smith.
Bout 5 was a quickie 0-2 Robert Conklin vs 0-1 Chris Irwin
-Irwin moved to 1-1 with a super quick guillotine submission victory.
Bout 6 Had 0-1 Saeed Gardner vs 0-0 Adam Degroff
-Gardner moved to 1-1 with a moderately impressive KO at 1:01 in the 1st over Degroff.
Bout 7 The big boys came to play on this one, 0-0 Mike “Mad Cow” Sekol vs 1-1 Eddy Faison
-Sekol moved to 1-0 by way of ref stoppage due to strikes @1:57 in the 1st
Bout 8 featured the 2-3 Rick Borowski vs a 3-5 Jason Smith
-If you blinked you missed it! Borowski with a HUGE KO victory coming just 10 seconds inside the first, moving him to .500 at 3-3
Bout 9 pitted 2-1 Jordan Batt vs a 3-5 Sean Hartle
-Batt moved to 3-1 with his Arm Triangle submission over Hartle, also earning him a shot at the 185lb strap
DING DING DING and now for your Main Event.
-8-5 Rich Cantolina vs Current Champ 4-1 CHEYNE Jenkins. It was a 3 round war, with Jenkins moving to 5-1 with a Unanimous Decision win over Cantolina
-Till next time kids! Remember to spay or neuter your animals, help control the pet population!
Welcome back friends for another post on the KO Drugs tournament. Week 3 featured 2, yes count em TWO, knockouts! It really didn’t surprise me all that much, it seems every week, these kids get more hungry! Above all, there is TREMENDOUS amounts of heart and guile floating around The Palermo Center every Monday that has passed in this month! Aside from the poor sportsmanship of one fighter out of the Red corner, this week has been the best, as in the qualifying for the championship rounds took place! Head on over to WWW.YOUNGSTOWNBOXING.COM for videos, pics and other exciting stuff! This Monday will be the last day for the tourney till next year! so make your way out to the Palermo Center and catch the action! 397 Tenney Ave, Campbell Ohio!
YoungstownMMA.com`s Jason chats with Cheney, covering his wrestling background, Grapplers Quest, and Thanks his Momma!
Hello Ladies, Gents, and Children of all ages, Jason here, Im gonna take the liberty and List the tentative fight card and give a very brief thought about each fight. The fights take place April 28th 2012 at the Good ol Yankee Lake Brawlroom. Fights as always are in no particular order! the 17 tentative fights are listed below:
TITLE FIGHT – Rich “the Raging Bull” Cantolina vs Cheyene Jenkins
Rich is coming off a DEC win over Matt Campbell, And Jenkins was the last to beat Cantolina. No doubt this will be a war, if Cantolina sticks to his game plan and stands and bangs, it will be an exciting fight! i think it will be a close one, but im gonna take The Bull in 3.
1. Will “the Thrill” Logsden 6-6 140lbs vs Victor Guarriello 3-4 135lbs
-Seen Will fight, very entertaining. Haven’t seen Victor….Id say Logsden via experience
2. William Watson 0-4 155lbs vs Sam Barton 0-0 145lbs
– Watson has been on a bad beat, Barton hasn’t fought yet…..Hunger triumphs in this one…
3. Jamie “the Mongoose” Fleck 0-2 135lbs vs Vincent Williams 0-0 135lbs
– Fleck coming off 2 losses will have corrected errors in camp, Williams is fresh….Gonna go Fleck here.
4. Jordan Batt 2-1 185lbs vs Sean ‘the Wolverine” Hartle 3-5 170lbs
-Haven’t seen Batt in action, Hartle has had some weight issues in the past but seems to be taking it serious now…Hartle via dec.
5. Eric Wiley 1-0 170lbs vs Brandon Pfhaler 2-1 155lbs
-Wiley is 1 and Ohhh due to a Dq, and Ive never seen Pfhaler, my sources say hes a beast…Wiley gets tested…Pfhaler wins
6. Seth Carrino 0-0 155lbs vs Jason Royler 0-0 155lbs
-I’m completely in the air here…going with Jason, cuz thats a cool name!
7. Matt Zimmerman 0-0 225lbs vs John Stafford 0-0 235lbs
– see #6….. going with Zimmerman (I know someone with that last name)
8. Rick Borowski 2-3 170lbs vs Jason Smith 3-5 170lbs
– im mixed here…Borowski hits like a mule, Smith is a tough kid…..as vegas would say…its off for me!
9. Robert Neumann 0-3 205lbs vs Chaz Kocher 0-1 205lbs
– Mr. Neumann is oh-fer, and Chaz is coming off a 1st rd TKO, unless Neumann is hitting the gym and training hard, I see Kocher with the W
10. Joe Harvey 0-1 185lbs vs Ahkuma L`Bert 0-0 185lbs
– Harveys first time back in the cage since last august, and I have nothing on L`Bert… Harvey goes to .500…i think
11. Anthony Policastro 3-1 205lbs vs O.J “Juice” Vickers 5-12 205lbs
– Policastro coming off a huge 1st TKO win, and Vickers is hungry to get a W….both big guys…im Vegas again!
12. James Reddick 3-1 185lbs vs TBD
– don’t know much about either, so im gonna go with Reddick….
13. Saeed Garner 0-1 155lbs vs Adam “the Adrenaline” DeGroff 0-0 155lbs
– Garner coming off a loss, and Degroff now on his 3rd fight, 1st actual… im going DeGroff in the second…
14. Eddy Faison 1-1 350lbs vs Mike “the Mad Cow” Sekol 0-0 325lbs
– Faison coming off a DEC loss to Saling (not Brandon), and Sekol enters the cage for the 1st time, Sekol will have size and reach,Sekol 2nd rd
15. Mike Bothwell 2-2 170lbs vs Michael Hluhan 0-1 170lbs
– Bothwell with the experience, Hluhan still looking for the W….Hluhan via awesome last name I cant say!
16. Tony Bugno 2-9 170lbs vs TBD
– Tony Bugno… Gamer, whoever takes the fight will have a long night…especially if Bugno has developed some cardio!
Records and weights courtesy of MMA.TV
And special thanks to Adam DeGroff for supplying the bout sheet to YoungstownMMA.com
So as im burning the clock away, I decided to jump on the interwebs and see what cool videos I could find. I stumbled upon this legit compilation of MMA knockouts. I challenge anyone to find a boxing vid like this! (yes Wyant thats was for you) lol! As always, if you have questions, comments, and/or concerns DO NOT hesitate to voice them! After all this site is geared for fighters!